Buying a new home is one of the biggest and most important financial commitments you will ever make. We have a wealth of experience in all aspects of conveyancing designed to make the whole process of moving house as smooth and as easy as possible.
The typical stages of a house purchase are as follows:-
- Arranging finance. Before you offer for a property you should have ascertained how you will fund the purchase. We can put you in contact with a trusted independent mortgage broker to assist you in finding the best mortgage for your needs.
- You should be regularly checking what is on the market available to buy and view properties to get an idea of the size and type of property that can be purchased within your budget. Most properties have a Home Report available and you should read the Home Report for any properties that you are seriously interested in.
- Once your finance is in place and you have seen a property that you like we can advise you on submitting an offer for your chosen property either at a closing date if there are other people competing to offer for the same house or at the right price for an offer outwith a closing date.
- When you offer and your offer is verbally accepted the house will be taken off the market and will be referred to as "under offer". The contract for your purchase may take two to three weeks to be legally binding. The contract is often referred to as the Missives.
- We will advise you and guide you through this process which will include the conveyancing at which time we will examine the title on your behalf and carry out the formal transfer of the house into your name. Your title will then be registered in the Land Register of Scotland.